5808-DK is a high quality stand-alone development and reference board based on SAM5808B (AUDIO & MUSIC MULTI-DSP PROCESSOR) dedicated to digital piano, keyboard instruments and digital drums. The SAM5808B can be used in 4 different hardware configurations for different applications. On 5808-DK board the SAM5808B is running in the hardware configuration dedicated to applications with firmware and sound bank stored in NAND Flash, sample cache and extended delay lines in SDRAM.
Dream NAND Flash Solution
DREAM NAND Flash solution allows the storage of large sound banks in cost-effective NAND Flash memory devices. Thanks to its sophisticated sample cache system, the SAM5808B offers high performances, security and reliability:
- Support SLC NAND Flash technology (up to 8GByte)
- High polyphony: up to 189 voices + effects
- Transparent pages transfer from NAND to SDRAM buffers
- Automatic error correction (ECC)
- Bad block management and wear leveling ensuring NAND Flash lifetime
- AES-protected sound banks with on-the-fly decryption
- Sound bank compiler for NAND Flash technology
Hardware Configuration5808-DK is designed to be connected to an 88-note velocity sensitive piano keyboard with 2 contacts per key (e.g., FATAR TP40M, 2 contacts). The 5808PIA-DK reference kit includes the 5000FP-DK front panel.
Operating ModesDebug/Program mode, Stand-alone mode